Friday, November 15, 2013

The Note - REALLY old

((another old old post... at least 15 years old,  kept it for posterity, now sharing it with the world))


Emerging from the shadows, Tamriel strolls across the patio to sit upon the railing of the patio.   She sighs as she watches the last rays of sunlight disappear beyond the horizon.  Blessed nightfall.  For a few hours at least, her eyes would be safe from the pain of the harsh light. 

If only all of her pain could be removed so easily, she thought.  Her mind began to wander back to a distant night.  A single conversation...

She closed her eyes, reliving that moment over and over, as she did each nightfall.  A single tear drifts down her cheek.

"I cant go on like this... I have to know" she whispered into the wind.

She slipped back inside, taking a parchment from the desk and a quill dipped in ink.  Returning to the patio, she sat down and began to write:

I once looked into your eyes
Now they haunt my dreams
Reaching across time
Tearing at my heart
I once heard your voice
Now it carries on the wind
Echoing in my mind
Touching my soul
I once felt your touch
Now I feel the phantom caress
Stealing away my reason
I don't understand
I know we can never be
I am his
And you belong to her
Yet in the darkness
As I lie here alone
It is you who fill my mind
Thoughts of what may have been
Had the fates favored
And I can't help but wonder....

Do you ever think of me?

Leaving the note unsigned, she set her pen down and rolled the parchment tight. Tying it with a silver ribbon, she called out into the night.  Moments later, a beautiful falcon answered her call.  Whispering instructions to the majestic bird, she tied the tiny scroll to his leg and he flew off into the night.   She hoped that the scroll would find its way to the one she intended, and that he would know who sent it... and care.




No comments: